Friday, September 28, 2012

My Fall 2012 Bucket List


In my adventures of blog hopping I ran across a post someone had written (On The Banks of Stony Creek) about things they would like to do this fall. I thought it was such a wonderful idea! I remember having the thought to make a fall bucket list...but that was earlier this year in the spring time so it just didn't fit. I've pinned so many wonderful ideas and I thought that now would be a great time to put all the fall related goals into one post. So here goes!

UPDATE: As I have completed each item this fall I have gone back and added a link to the post where I show off the creation or projecct, etc. In November I added photos to this post so you could view a tidbit of everything all in one place!


1. Make apple pies! (I WROTE: #1 Make Apple Pies)

2. Watch It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! It's been a few years since I've watched this! I remember mom turning it on and letting us sit at the table and eat while the show played on tv.

3. Carve a pumpkin.

4. Make roasted pumpkin seeds! (How-To Link).


5. Crochet a new scarf! (I WROTE: Fall Scarf Project Started, Fall Scarf Project Attempt 1, Crochet Purple Popcorn Scarf, Winter Style | Dressing Casual & Fun)


6. Go on a Fall Picnic with Autry!


7. Drink Hot Chocolate! (I WROTE: Hot Chocolate Mix-Recipe.)

8. Create a Countdown to Thanksgiving Calendar!


9. Bake cinnamon raisin bread.

10. Make homemade popcorn balls!


11. Go on a nature walk and take the camera! (I WROTE: Photos of Trees, Leaves, & Hay)


12. Make fall decorated sugar cookies!

13. Go on a final camping trip!

14. Start making Christmas gifts! (I make homemade gifts)


15. Go trick-or-treating. (I WROTE: Fall Bucket List 2012 | #15 Go Trick-or-Treating)


16. Take photos in a pile of leaves!


17. Build a fire!  (I WROTE: Bonfire!)

18. Drink apple cider! (possibly using this recipe!)

19. Have a movie night with fun fall snacks!

20. Visit a corn maze!

21. Try a pumpkin spice latte. (Possibly using this recipe)


22. Start an "I'm Thankful" jar to read on Thanksgiving Day. (I WROTE: DIY Thankful Jar, The Thankful Jar)

I used my double cinnamon roll recipe, but added 1/2 cup of vanilla creamer instead of the whipping cream to the filling and I added 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon to the butter and powdered sugar icing! Everyone said these were their absolute favorite, even more so than last years!

23. Bake cinnamon rolls (Thanksgiving morning!).

24. Post soup recipes each week that I can! (I WROTE: Button Up Chili & Loaded Baked Potato Soup.)

25. Make pumpkin recipes! (I WROTE: Pumpkin Double Layer Pie.)

Links
I looked up these sites for ideas to add to my list!

Digital Reflections: 50 Fun Fall Activities

11 comments:

  1. I found your blog on the harvest of friends blog hop. I'm now following your blog. Marci....www.lifewithjoys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I will stop by your blog very soon and leave a comment so you know I came by!

      Helen

      Delete
  2. Your bucket list has so many DIY things, and AGAIN, you're making me hungry - all because of your FAB list. :-)
    XOXO
    -Daisy Nguyen from PS BANANAS fashion blog:
    http://psbananas.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well of course! I like to keep myself busy! :) Lol...sorry I can't help that second part! :)

      Helen

      Delete
  3. Looks like a great bucket list! I really want to learn how to crochet, a new scarf would be great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh crochet is SO easy!! All you need to know how to do to make a beautiful scarf is the chain stitch and double crochet! When I start working on my scarf I will post pics and I'm going to see if I can find some good videos which explain how to do both of these clearly!

      Helen

      Delete
  4. I miss autumn since I left the US, as much as I love sunny days at the tropics here. Reading through your list makes me feel homey and cozy just like I used to feel when I walked into my warm and bright little apartment after a cold bike ride from classes in college! My roomate always went home before me and she loved to cooked, so the smell of the apartment was so delightful after the cold wind chill outside!

    Visit me:
    LeeAnne, Style N Season
    http://stylenseason.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I am glad I could bring back a good memory for you! :)

      Helen

      Delete
  5. What a great list, Helen!!! Charlie Brown is a must see every year for me (all of the specials, lol) Camping and raisin bread and homemade soups... and marshmallows! It all sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woops - forgot I was signed in under one of my boyfriends accounts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol how funny! I just saw 'John' and I was like, oh I didn't know any guys were following my blog latley lol. Yes I love my list! I'm planning to make one for the winter season!!

      Helen
      Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

      Delete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.