Thursday, November 22, 2012

Fall Bucket List | The Thankful Jar


In September I wrote up a list of things I wanted to do this fall. I called it My Fall Bucket List. #22 was "Create a Thankful Jar". On November 15th I guest posted over at Blissful & Domestic and showed how I created this Thankful Jar. Well, today I am revealing the things that we were most thankful for. :) I tried to not put doubles of the same things, but I did include each time that food was mentioned because lately we have had an interesting combination of foods and we are realizing how blessed we are to have what food we do. These notes of thankfulness are from everyone in the house. I told them all they had to include at least one. Some included more which makes it even better!

All the notes about to be read. :)

Here are the different things we read through from our jar earlier today:

~I am thankful for my family and all God has given us.
~I'm thankful for food to eat.
~I'm thankful for Food!!!
~I'm thankful for my children
~I am thankful for the freedom and the ability to be a part of my children's education process.
~Health.
~Nice weather.
~I am thankful for God and Jesus.
~I'm thankful for music.
~Freedom of speech.
~I'm thankful for Dad.
~I'm thankful for my style music, or just music.
~I love you Mom and Dad.
~I am thankful for the home school group and my new friends here.
~Food.
~I'm thankful for my school.
~SLEEP!

This is the really sweet note Autry wrote for the jar:

I'm thankful for my new family & beautiful future fiance.

I on the other hand completely forgot to write that I was thankful for him. But I think we all know that I am because not any other guy I dated in the past has put up with all that I have to go through and all they have to go through to be with me on a daily basis...and on top of that he loves me so much!! :)

I hope you all had a wonderful thanksgiving! I know I sure did! :)

4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a Thankful jar. Maybe I'll put one together next year. My son is graduating high school this year, and it will be a rough time. I think this would be great for everyone! I found you through Our Everyday Harvest's weekend blog hop and am a new follower. Hope you can drop by.
    http://heresmytakeonit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We never used this before and I have to say that I think it was pretty cool. :)

      Helen

      Delete
  2. What a great idea! I love this and the jar is so pretty :)

    http://sweepingmama.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.