Thursday, November 22, 2012

Fall Bucket List | #1 Make Apple Pies

I am getting almost everything on my Fall Bucket List checked off!! YAY! I have yet to write up some of the posts, but they will be on their way in the next week, or at least that is my plan! Yesterday I finally got around to making up some fresh Apple Pies! I used Grandma Karon's Apple Pie recipe which I posted back in August when I first started peeling, chopping and cutting apples. The stash is just about gone and I miss all the apple foods I made, but I am looking forward to tasting another delicious Apple Pie later on today!

I always make my own pie crusts...they are usually really crumbly looking like this before I add the water. If you click on the link for the Apple Pie recipe the crust recipe is at the bottom! That will make 2 top and 2 bottom crusts, but they will be really thin.

Doesn't this just look delicious?! :)

This is me working on the letters for the "Happy Thanksgiving" Pie.

Pies ready for baking! I ran out of dough so I had to do a simple top on the right pie. Well, I also ran out of time and I was in a lot of pain too... Besides the fact that cutting out each letter was kind of hard lol.

Finished pie number one. The crust broke a little bit because it was a tiny bit too thin, but it will be just fine!

This pie crust really isn't this dark, I had to darken the photo so you could see the lettering better. I took 10 photos and it just never showed up well in any of them. I'm not really sure why that is. Either way, it still looks yummy!

Well, there is another thing checked off my Fall Bucket List for this year! :)

This Post Was Shared!

8 comments:

  1. Wow! The pie is so tempting. I am one of those people who loves to eat but I can't cook to save my life!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You poor thing!! Cooking is one of those things that some love and some hate...and some haven't tried yet so they just don't know if they like it yet. :)

      Helen

      Delete
  2. This looks absolutely delicious!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    P.S. If you'd like to participate in another party this weekend, we're having a party over at our corner of the blogosphere and would be honored if you joined! :)
    http://papaisapreacher.blogspot.ca/2012/11/tidbit-thursday_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look amazing Helen :D I need to try this! (I say that all the time haha.)

    xoxo Angie (sundaybelle.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that just means you think it looks yummy so I must be doing my 'job' well! :)

      Helen

      Delete
  4. Yummy!! I am glad I stopped by to visit. :-)

    I found you through the Tidbit Thursday over at "Papa is a Preacher"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.