Monday, November 5, 2012

No Make-Up November Continues!

I am SO excited to share with you that we have a new member on the link up! Becky @ Boys & Butterflies felt the need to go without makeup and chose November...not knowing about the link up I had going on!!! She found me via Facebook (I've been to her blog some before, but we hadn't chatted before today!) and we got to chat a bit and we got to the subject of not wearing make up! I am SO happy that Becky is going to be brave and not wear make up! From reading her post (which is linked just above!) you will see that she doesn't like to leave the house without it!!! I used to be THE EXACT SAME WAY so I know what she is feeling right now. It is ODD being without make-up those first few days! I know! I've been there before! But I will tell you that it DOES get easier! I promise!

Becky shared this verse in her post and I thought it was too beautiful not to reshare with all of you:

Proverbs 31:30
Favor is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that fears the LORD, she shall be praised.

Also, I didn't think of this before now, but without makeup you may feel like you have a terrible face and you might not know it but there are probably some things in your kitchen that can help your face feel more beautiful with a few DIY beauty recipes! Here are a few of the ones I've personally tried and recommend (click photo to view post in a separate window):

In case you aren't familiar with Microderm, this is a great way to remove unwanted dead skin cells from your face which can give your skin a great look especially while you have no make-up! I will caution you to only use this once or twice a week though unless you are used to these types of scrubs. Even then you shouldn't use this as a daily cleanser since you will become 'tomato faced' otherwise known as: your face will be red and raw feeling from being scrubbed so much.
This is a great way to get soft skin! It's a two ingredient recipe: just honey & plain yogurt!

I love to do odd little experiments which is how I ended up with both of these recipes. I actually just completed a new experiment which I will be sharing in a guest blog post next Monday!!! I'm super excited about that! Of course, I will also be on the lookout for any other tips I come across that I might have used but forgotten so I can share them with you! Have a happy Monday and congratulations on making it to day 5 of the challenge!

Is this the first post you read? Well, you should check out No Make-Up November...the first post in this years series! And if you're taking the no make-up challenge then please link up! :)

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Awesome!!! It's always nice to have good feed back from readers! :) Have you considered taking the no make-up challenge?

      Helen

      Delete
  2. I tend to shy away from putting food products on my face, but the yogurt one looks pretty harmless - will definitely need to give it a try!

    XOXO
    -Daisy Nguyen from the PS BANANAS! fashion blog: http://psbananas.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand! I don't like things that are puply like cucumbers...so when I saw the original recipe for the yogurt mask I made sure to leave that out! lol. This really does make a huge difference in the way your face feels! I personally love it!

      Helen

      Delete
  3. Hi Helen, I host Thriftaholics on the BBN, which is how I found your blog. :) Thank you for all of the sweet comments!

    I'm loving the idea of going without makeup!!! And I'm curious to try the diy face mask recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Wendy! So nice to meet you! I just joined BBN last night wow! :) You're welcome! I am truly a thriftaholic lol so I was glad to find your group!

      Awesome! You should totally do this challenge! And the face mask is lovely!

      Helen

      Delete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.