Thursday, November 1, 2012

Challenges | No Make-Up November


Do you know what No Make-Up November is? Well, let me tell you...

What It's About
This is a challenge to girls everywhere to NOT wear ANY makeup AT ALL for the whole entire month of November. Just 31 days of no make-up. No mascara, no "natural looking" make-up. None at all!!!

My Story
I took this challenge for the very first time last November. It really helped my self-esteem to have people say I looked beautiful without make-up. I loved it so much that I haven't worn any since! A WHOLE YEAR of no make-up! I seriously can't believe it's been that long! It was strange the first week when I would wake up and see myself in the mirror without make-up, but eventually I got used to it and then I didn't even miss it. Plus I had a whole extra 15 minutes in my day that I didn't have to spend by "putting on my face". I love not wearing make-up. It is freeing of my time and my face! I have found that I am a whole lot less likely to wash my face though since before (when I wore make-up) I was religious about washing my face every night! Now I have to make an effort to do this, but that's not a huge deal.

How To Participate
~It's easy! Don't wear any make-up this month!
~If you're a blogger you can grab the button and share it on your blog (and/or write a post to challenge your readers to not wear make-up this month too!).
~Also, if you're a blogger, link up your blog/blog post where you share your experiences/thoughts/photos for everyone else to see! (If you link up PLEASE grab a button!)

I would love for EVERY girl to at least know about this challenge so do your best to spread the word to all of your friends! :)

No Make-Up November 2012 Participants!

If you are a blogger put your name the @ symbol and your blog name. Link to a blog post where you start the challenge or are talking about the challenge, etc. Thanks!



Grab A Button!

Blue Eyed Beauty Blog
 
P.S. If you have problems getting linked up just email me the info and I'll link you up!!! I've been having some problems with this linky! If you want to take the time to do it yourself just keep trying as much as you want, and refresh the page multiple times to make sure it saved! Thanks! Email me at: hjd_21 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Read More From This Series: No Make-Up November Continues.

12 comments:

  1. You are definitely beautiful with out make up! God made u beautiful justice way u are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats one ONE YEAR GIRL!!! :) Proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! Looking back trying to find a pic I was actually quite shocked at how much makeup I used to wear! Its so weird what this challenge (and my convictions) have done to change how I look at myself!

      Helen

      Delete
  3. This is awesome! I don't wear make-up and its the way to good. God loves our natural beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wanted to start hosting this challenge each year since I know it's really what jumpstarted me into not wearing makeup ever. :)

      Helen

      Delete
  4. Just grabbed your button and linked up!
    PS you are waay prettier without the makeup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree! I will share you blog with my readers soon! :)

      Helen
      Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

      Delete
  5. You go girl!!!! I am so proud of you!!!! I too am a non makeup user. God didn't make mistakes, He made masterpieces! If we use makeup of any kind, we are telling God that He messed up. Wow! What a way to compliment the Creator! You are way prettier without the makeup!!! Again, I am really proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara! I love that! That is such a great way to put it: God didn't make mistakes! :)

      Helen

      Delete
  6. Well, November is almost over, but I may try this for the tail end. :) You look lovely and are quite an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kelly! That is sweet of you! :) Just because this is a November challenge doesn't mean you can't do it any other month of the year! :) I've been without make up for one year now.

      Helen

      Delete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.