Facts of the Liebster Award: The Liebster Award's origins are pretty much a mystery. Bloggers nominate other bloggers that have 200 or less followers. It's basically a "Hey, that's a sweet little blog you've got there. Here's an award!" You can't just accept the award. You have to play by the (ever changing) rules and pay it forward. Then you can put the award on your blog for all to see.
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog. (see the intro of this post!)
Here are the 11 Facts About Myself:
1. I have a slight obsession with scents and body sprays. In my bedroom I have a collection of about 20 different perfumes that I wear throughout the month! No joke. If it wasn't for the fact that I have no money my collection would be a whole lot bigger thanks to Bath & Body Works always coming up with a new delicious scent!
2. I am a very disorganized person. Have you seen my sewing table? Well, my whole room looks like that. I'm not sure if this is because I'm in the process of getting married eventually or what, but it does occasionally get on my nerves.
3. My purse is from Brazil. It is brown leather and my mom gave it to me when she went on a vacation there years ago!
4. I have too many projects going on right now. Sometimes I feel like I'm swimming in DIY bits and pieces just to get from one side of my room to another. See #2 lol.
5. I find that when I have migraines and spend most of the week in bed because of them my energy levels decrease a ton, by my wanting to do crafts and projects level stays the same...which can get SO frustrating!!!
6. I love my long denim skirts! I make them all myself! And I even wrote tutorials so you can make your own too (they're amazing in this fall and winter weather by the way!!!). Long Denim Skirt, Denim Skirt With Ruffles.
7. I like to snack on both sweet and salty things at the same time. Usually that involves some kind of chocolate and then something salty like pretzels, chips, pickles, pringles, etc.
8. I don't like chewable Vitamin C tablets. They are nasty! I don't care what 'flavor' they come in!!
9. I have the hardest time breaking bad habits. I really don't know why this is.
10. There are several things I check multiple times a day: my email, the latest comments on my blog, and the newest pins on Pinterest.
11. If the piece of clothing has lace or ruffles I'll probably love it!
The 11 Questions from Nicole:
1. What inspired you to blog? Oh yay! I was inspired to blog by my dear friend Kora who said to me one day, "hey have you ever seen the blog A Beautiful Mess?" At this point in my life I had no clue what blogging was or that there was even a world of bloggers out there! I was sure missing out! Thank you Kora @ Eclectic Darling for inspiring me!!
2. What is your favorite Holiday, and why? This is a really hard one for me because I love Christmas and the 4th of July a TON! I will choose Christmas though because you have so many more decoration options and because there is a bigger meaning behind it: the birth of Jesus!
3. What is your favorite song? Another tough one, and if you saw my post just a few days ago...I don't do well with picking just one song lol! I'd have to say Lee Brice: Love Like Crazy.
4. What's the most outrageous thing you have ever done? Lol I knew that this would happen to me at some point or another, well...once when I was young & stupid (not saying that I'm not young & stupid now, just sayin) I was with two of my guy friends and we were driving on some back roads going WAY too fast...and we topped a hill and just about crashed into another truck. Fortunately "friend a" was a good driver...the crazy part, none of us were wearing seatbelts and it was a big hill so we did bounce off the seats. I have to admit that was a really stupid thing to do and I DON'T suggest anyone else try it!!
5. If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be? Hmm, well lately I've been thinking about visiting Alaska...so I think I'd like to go there. :)
6. Is there a word or saying that you can't stand, if so what is it? Oh yes there sure is: when people say 'egspecially' instead of 'especially'! DRIVES ME NUTS!!
7. If you won the lottery what would be the first thing you would buy? I'd probably never win a lottery seeing as would never buy a ticket...
8. What is your worst fear? That I won't be able to have children. I want to have children so bad, but with everything I've been through I don't know if that's possible or if my body would be able to handle a pregnancy. For now I just have to keep reminding myself that I can't worry about that since I'm not ready to have kids seeing as I'm not married yet. I wrote more fears I have here as part of the 10 Day YOU Challenge.
9. What is your favorite candy? Does chocolate count? If not then I guess I'd have to say either skittles or tootsie rolls.
10. What is your favorite season and why? Summer! No question about it! I love swimming, being outdoors, fishing, barbecues...anything to do with summer I am there! :)
11. What is your favorite childhood memory? I remember when my Papa would come down for a visit and he would bring Froot Loops for all of us kids to eat for breakfast the next day! He brought them almost every single time he came. It was awesome! I used to have one of those spoons that turned colors when it was hot or cold...it came from a box of Froot Loops.
My 11 Questions For the Nominees Are:
I've decided to ask questions about blogging so here goes!
1. What inspired you to blog? (Continued from Nicole!)
2. What are two of your most inspirational internet sources for blogging?
3. Do you use Pinterest to promote your blog?
4. What is your favorite thing to blog about?
5. What one thing would you tell a newbie blogger?
6. Do you like feedback from your readers, positive & negative?
7. Does your blog have a purpose?
8. Is your blog a source of escape or relief for yourself?
9. How many hours a day do your spend blogging?
10. Do you remember the first blog you ever saw, read, or followed?
11. Do you enjoy blogging?
The 11 Blogs I Nominate:
Once you have written your post come back and let me know so I can relink your button above to your specific post so that later visitors can find your posts easily! And so I can read your answers too! Thank you girls!! :) Have fun answering questions and finding your own nominees!
See where I was previously awarded here!