Friday, November 30, 2012

Homemaking 101 | The Button Jar in Process


I wanted to have a jar full of buttons somewhere in my home because I always thought that they looked really neat and that it would be fun. I had NO idea it would be so hard to come up with a collection of buttons to fill up the jar though. I went through what I had and what was left of my mom's collection and found a few:


However, I have a long way to go before even this small jar is full of random and unique buttons. I will now be on the lookout for button collections when I stop at thrift stores and yard sales as I had not thought to look for this in the past. Hopefully I will find enough to fill my jar. Originally I wanted to do only white buttons, but I actually like having the multiple colors with a lot more white than the color buttons. I think it gives a classy yet fun look to the mix and will look great with the other decor I plan to put the jar with!

Here is the photo which really inspired me and is the true reason why I wanted to do all white buttons. Aren't they just beautiful?!



(photo via Country Living)
 
This Post Was Shared!


6 comments:

  1. I too had this idea sometime back to have a jar full of buttons... and my collection is also as tiny as yours. We have a long way to go :). And that image of button jar is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's neat!! I was going to use a pint size jar originally, but when I realized how small my collection was I decided to use an even smaller jar lol.

      Helen

      Delete
  2. Very very pretty! We collected pennies for a while... our jar was pretty big and when it was finally full it was quite impressive.. But it took us quite a while to spend them all!

    Good luck with your collection, you're off to a great start!

    Thanks for linking up! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I LOVE that idea!! I may have to do a jar of pennies now too lol,

      Thanks for hosting!

      Helen

      Delete
  3. I have a jarful of buttons and I love it! I only had a few, but then I found a bagful at a thrift store for under two dollars, which filled up my jar. It was great. I know Salvation Army's have some sewing stuff if you look in the random section filled with bagged merchandise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's awesome!! :) Thanks for sharing the tidbit, I hadn't thought to look there lol.

      Helen
      Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

      Delete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.