Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Fluffy Pancakes

Only a few days ago I ran across a similar recipe to this one on Pinterest...but the amounts were much smaller so if you're looking to serve a few people instead of 8 or 10 you may want to head over to Cookin' Up North to get the ingredient amounts from her! If not...here is my version of the recipe which will feed a lot more and has a tad less sugar (once I tripled the recipe that is). Enjoy!


Makes about 38 pancakes.

Ingredients
4 cups flour
1 heaping Tablespoon baking powder
1 Tablespoon baking soda
1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs
4 cups milk
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened or melted

Directions
1. In a large bowl mix together all the ingredients, start with the dry ingredients first and then add the wet ingredients.
2. On a hot griddle or skillet cook the batter 1/4 cup at a time. On my griddle I could cook 6 cakes at the same time.
3. Serve hot with butter and syrup.

5 comments:

  1. oh my gosh that looks so good. bookmarked!

    x Angie || www.sundaybelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look really good! :) I don't make pancakes too often. I prefer waffles. I am so hoping for a waffle maker this Christmas, I'm really not a fan of toaster waffles. lol. I guess I am picky. :)

    -Krys
    Keeping PLUS in a MINUS World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I LOVE waffles but they are a pain to fix when you're cooking for 10 people!! I'm one of those would would 'cook' them two or three times though so they would be crunchy lol.

      I bet this recipe would be great in the waffle maker though...most of the time there is little difference between the ingredients. I'd suggest grabbing the amounts from the site linked since that's for 4 servings instead of 10 people!

      Helen

      Delete
  3. I do not like thick pancakes, but I love this recipe because they are ~~~fluffy~~~! Sandra~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.