Monday, November 19, 2012

Cinnamon Muffins

I've had the hardest time coming up with a cinnamon roll muffin recipe, but that search is finally over! This recipe was inspired from several different recipes but I mainly used the recipes at Cookin' Up North and Six Sisters' Stuff. I added a lot of my own twists to it of course, but I loved them and so did everyone else!


This recipe makes 24 muffins!

Ingredients for Cake
4 cups of flour
1 cup sugar
1 heaping Tablespoon baking powder
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1 Tablespoon vanilla flavor
1 teaspoon almond flavor
2 eggs
2 cups milk

Ingredients For Swirl
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
2 Tablespoons cinnamon

Icing
2 Tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon.
3. Make a low spot in the middle to add in the vanilla, almond, eggs, and milk.
4. In a microwave safe liquid measuring cup melt the butter until soft. Add brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon; mix together. This makes a creamy sauce instead of runny butter. Pour it into your dough and stir together.
5. Grease 24 muffin tins.
6. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup dip the batter into the tins.
7. Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes. You can stick a toothpick in the center to see if it's done.
8. While the muffins are baking go ahead and make up the icing. In a small microwave safe bowl melt the butter. Add in the cinnamon and powdered sugar. Using a spoon create a thick icing.
9. Once the muffins have baked use a spoon to spread a bit of icing across the top and then serve warm!

This Post Was Shared!

6 comments:

  1. same comment as on your other recipe: Looks goooood!

    x Angie || www.sundaybelle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they ARE!! I've already made them twice in two weeks lol.

      Helen

      Delete
  2. I love muffins. Especially homemade. Okay I just might have to go make me some of these right now.:) Thanks sharing your recipe on "I Gotta Try That"
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I would totally eat these all the time they were that awesome!!

      Helen

      Delete
  3. These look delicious. I've made a similar type of muffin before, and they're always a breakfast favorite. Thanks so much for linking up to Inspire Me Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! I can imagine lol. There are never any of these left for the next morning!

      Helen

      Delete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.