Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Wedding Planning | Something Blue


I realize that it is Tuesday and I usually share a fashion or style post...but I just got this put together and HAD to share it right away!!! Later on today I'll share an outfit post (from when I went voting!) with you so you won't be too deprived!

When my parents got married (we have a two families are now one family) they gave all of us children a very special gift. Of course, boys don't wear rings so my brothers got a different gift, but all my sisters and I were given a Claddagh Ring. We were all given the option of choosing the color stone we would like in our rings; I chose an almost navy blue color. It almost matches the color of my eyes! I absolutely love it! When I was choosing the color for my ring I had a hard time picking between a clear/diamond color and the one I chose. I went with the one I now have because I figured it would be a really nice thing to wear when I get married since my family has been so helpful and supportive and I couldn't be where I am today without either of my parents!


Our rings were given to us as a symbol of their love and loyalty to each other and to us and that we will always be a family and look out for one another. I love my ring! I think it is beautiful! I keep it safe in its nice little box where it won't get damaged (and because it's kind of too big, and because I don't wear jewelry as a general rule). I do love my ring though, and I plan to wear it as my 'something blue' when I get married!

A little about the ring's history in case you don't already know: The significance of the ring comes from its meaning. Over the years the cladagh ring has had minor changes, but the basic meaning and significance of the Irish claddagh ring has stayed the same. The hands of the ring are shown holding the heart and the hands denote friendship and togetherness, the heart itself signifies love and the crown in the claddagh ring stands for loyalty. The meaning of the Claddagh ring could be summarized as: Let Love and Friendship Reign Forever. (Source)

2 comments:

  1. I have always loved the Cladagh rings. I have never seen one with a stone heart though! It's beautiful!

    -Krys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool! Yeah I hadn't either until they told us to pick what color we wanted lol. :)

      Helen

      Delete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.