Friday, November 2, 2012

October Recap

Yay it's November!!! I'm SO glad! That means things will slow down for me...for a few weeks, and then it will be Thanksgiving!!!

This month, despite being busy with many things, I started a new medicine which had me in mood swings, laying in bed with terrible migraines or just plain weakness in my muscles. Because of this I didn't get hardly anything on my list of October Goals done, but I did try. Also, for the first time ever, I did blog schedules for both Blue Eyed Beauty AND Exercise Encouragement Group Blog. I think that overall this was a wonderful experience and something I would like to continue for both blogs!

Notables



LIEBSTER BLOG AWARD: The month of October I was presented with my FIRST EVER blog award by Hey Mommy, Chocolate Milk! Thank you once again! I had a blast answering the questions and nominating new blogs for this award!

FRUGAL MONDAY POSTS: I was only able to get one Frugal Monday Post out even though I have more than five sitting in my draft box. In case you missed it, be sure to check it out: Make A Budget.

STYLES I LIKE: These posts came out on Tuesdays (I actually started this series in September). They were so much fun, but I won't be continuing them for this month. I may do one on occasion, but they won't be run continually as they were this past month. In case you missed them here are all the links: Casual Hoodies/Sweatshirts, Crochet/Knit Clothing Items, Country Chic, Miss Me Denim, Lace & Burnouts, Sequins & SparklesA Good Scarf...or 10, Fashion Denim Skirts, Layered Fabric Ruffle Skirts.

10 Day YOU Challenge Posts: I've linked up with BlogLoveTherapy for the next ten Thursday's where I will share 10 Things about me. So far I have shared the first 10-5 so I have five posts yet to come! Here are the posts made so far: 10 Secrets, 9 Loves, 8 Fears, 7 Wants, 6 Places, 5 Foods.

SOUP OF THE WEEK: This is an area I failed in miserably! I shared two soup recipes this past month though: Button Up Chili. A delicious recipe that is worth looking at, especially if you have picky eaters!!! And: Loaded Baked Potato Soup (for the crockpot or stovetop!). I plan to continue this series. I have at least three more recipes with pictures, I just need to type them up and get the posts ready in time to publish!


THINGS I HEART: These posts came out each Saturday and featured something that I love. This series was carried over from September and I did really well on these posts this month too...probably because they were fun and easy! This series will continue through November for sure, probably even longer than that! I love a lot of things! Here are the posts in case you missed a few: Agnes from Despicable MeButterflies, MaryKay Products, Warm Drinks, The Eiffel Tower, Cowgirl Boots, Horses, Norman Rockwell's Art, Dodge Ram's with Mud On The Tires, Old Couple's Still In Love, Fast Cars: Dodge, Chevy, Pontiac, Fast Cars: Mustangs, Chocolate, Old Navy Socks, Beautiful Lightning Photo's, Summer Sandals, Very Long Curly Hair.

MY FAVORITE FOOD RECIPES: This Hot Chocolate Mix has already been made up twice!!! I made it last year and gave it as part of the Christmas gifts I gave. I've already been asked if I was giving it again this year. :) My other favorite recipe of the month was the Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins! Recipe posting was slow this month, but I did make up a lot more recipes than I posted so hopefully I'll be able to post more of those this month!


VERSE A DAY CHALLENGE: I did terrible on this challenge! Not only did I miss the end of it, I missed days in between and had to do several catch up posts... Here are the posts I did do though: Day 1: Where You Stood, Day 2: Lunchtime, Day 3: This Happened Today, Day 4: What You Read, Day 5: Shadow, Day 6: I'm Thankful For...Prayer, Day 7: Light, Day 8: Angle, Days 9 & 10, Days 11 & 12, Day 13: Landscape, Day 14: Makes Me Laugh, Day 15: Dinnertime, Days 16, 17, 18, & 19, Day 20: 4 O'clock, Days 21-29.

NO MAKE UP NOVEMBER: What is No Make-Up November? Well go read the post!! I am hoping to run this each year for as long as I have my blog (which is hopefully a long time!). I know this challenge was an awesome one that really helped my self-esteem and I hope that by hosting this challenge (even in the blogging world) other girls will discover a better self-esteem without make up too!

REFASHIONS: I was a busy little sewer this month! I did a lot of projects, several of which I have yet to post about and then even more details to come on the Confessor's White Dress (made from sheets found at yard sales!) which I'm sure some of you are looking forward to seeing! See the Lace & Denim Striped Skirt, Long Denim Skirt (made from two pairs of jeans), Tank with Ruffled front (made from a long sleeved shirt).

It has been a busy month for me! As far as how many posts have been published this was the second busiest month so far with 86 posts published! YAY! :) I hope you all had a wonderful October because I know I did!

2 comments:

  1. That hot chocolate mix looks wonderful!!
    Such interesting information!
    Thanks
    Angie
    godsgrowinggarden.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it is! I would drink it every single day if I could lol!

      Helen

      Delete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.