Sunday, October 28, 2012

My Designs | Lace & Denim Striped Skirt

This is the only shot of the skirt that turned out well. The other sides the wind kept blowing the skirt and it looked funny. I'll try another shoot before I put up the tutorial!

Thank goodness I have finally got me a new denim skirt in my closet!! It's about time too since the last denim skirt I made was in May of this year (the Knee Length One). All my other skirts were made last fall and they're fine for everyday use, but I was ready for a change in wardrobe appearance and so I decided to whip up something new.

The jeans used for this skirt used for this skirt used to be worn by me many years ago. They were too long for me though, so I passed them along to mom. After a while (and after she lost a lot of weight) she gave them back to me... they were such an odd fabric so I was having a difficult time finding any other denim like material to match it. I couldn't really make another long skirt from these stretch Hydraulic jeans so I decided it was time to make a shorter skirt just using the one pair of jeans and going with that.

In the process of making the skirt I had the grand idea of adding lace between each layer. This was partly to add some length because I was worried it would end up too short. I love the lace because I can dress up the skirt so much more than if I had left it plain as I had originally planned on doing.

I do have lots of photos of the during process which I've saved on my computer to write up a tutorial for this skirt, but that will probably be a week or two before I can even think about working on it. I have too many other things going on right now and that is going to be a fairly detailed tutorial even though this was a pretty easy skirt to make.

This Post Was Shared!


8 comments:

  1. Oh this is cute! I love lace and denim together and I imagine it must be super comfortable. :)

    Niki
    nikis-notebook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It really is comfy! I'm excited to have it in my closet! :)

      Helen

      Delete
  2. So clever and cute Helen. Love it. Thanks so much for sharing it on "I Gotta Try That"
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The denim skirt looks really. :) Love the idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great skirt Helen, thanks for sharing on RFF!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.