I am so excited to share with you all that I have been nominated for my first ever blog award!!! Thank you Julie at Hey Mommy, Chocolate Milk for giving me this award! :) View the post here!
I am a writer so bare with me as this post has long answers!!
Facts of the Liebster Award:
The Liebster Award's origins are pretty much a mystery. Bloggers nominate other bloggers that have 200 or less followers. It's basically a "Hey, that's a sweet little blog you've got there. Here's an award!" You can't just accept the award. You have to play by the (ever changing) rules and pay it forward. Then you can put the award on your blog for all to see.
1. List 11 facts about yourself. (I hope that you enjoy them! I tried to write things that hopefully my readers may not know, but then things that new people stopping in may find interesting as well.)
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you. (My 11 questions for each of the 11 nominated blogs are near the bottom of this post!)
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate. (At the very bottom of this post you will find the links!)
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog. (see the intro of this post!)
Here are 11 Facts About Myself:
1. A love any kind of chocolate, Hidden Valley ranch dressing, Dannon vanilla yogurt, and all kinds of foods with oats in them!
2. Baking soda and a wire whisk (for hand use) are my favorite things in the entire kitchen!
3. I stopped biting my nails when I was seven because my Aunt Pam gave me a pretty ring with a pink 'diamond' on it. I still have the ring, although the diamond part has fallen off. It is now in a little bag so I won't lose either piece.
4. My room/sewing room (which right now are the same room) are pretty much always a disaster. Even after I've picked everything up and put it away where it belongs it looks like a mess...
5. I miss my home church Shawnee United Pentecostal Church somehting fierce! And I know that I am missed by the members there too.
6. I can get annoyed very easily. It doesn't take very much... This is a bad thing that I am working on, but sometimes I just can't help it.
7. I am not supposed to have caffeine such as coffee, tea, soda, etc. but sometimes I will still drink it, and I usually pay for it with a blasting migraine which puts me out of it for the next 12-24 hours. This is a habit I usually try to avoid, but those are things I still like a lot so sometimes it's hard to resist not having that Dr. Pepper!
8. I really am a huge animal lover! I want to own a lot of animals one day and am so grateful that Autry loves animals almost as much as I do! (He doesn't want a milk cow...so I can't say he likes animals as much as me... ;P )
9. My newest passion is survivalism. I have been doing a lot of research on how to survive in the woods with a backpack (called a BOB-Bug Out Bag. Said like the name Bob) full only of the things necessary for the survival of life. This has been a very interesting study and I am learning a lot. This is also a new topic on my blog! (Check out this post for more info!)
10. I love, love, love my hair! And I am obsessed with making it grow longer. Well, maybe obsessed is a little strong, but I do want it to be down to my knees or longer! I do not ever plan to cut my hair again! One of the main reasons is that short hair looks dreadful on me!
11. I am addicted to blogging. And this is true! I spend most of my days thinking about blogging, blog posts, and blogging things. I have so many ideas that I don't have time for them all. I also try to do too many of them at once, but I'm trying to be more scheduled (this month is the first month of scheduling out what type of posts come out on what days) and it seems to be working out much better for me!
Here are the 11 Questions That I was asked by Julie:
1. Who is your favorite superhero of all time? I would have to say Iron Man. I first watched the new Iron Man movie in theaters and that was my introduction to superhero's. I never watched anything before that...since I've seen Batman, Spider Man, and Superman...but Iron Man still rules!
2. What is your favorite book? Without a doubt I could honestly say the King James Bible. There is nothing I read more, but then again...I hardly read anything unless it's a blog or a pin on Pinterest! I keep my Bible on my nightstand and it is picked up usually once a day if not more. That's not saying that I read a lot, but I usually read at least one verse in it a day.
3. Which book have/did you read to your kiddos so many times you know it by heart? Hmm...seeing as I have no kiddos...and I have yet to read to my niece or nephews I really can't say any particular book. Great question though!
4. If you won an all expenses trip to anywhere in the world, where would you go? I would go to New York with my best friend Ro. She would love to go there again and I've always wanted to see the Statue of Liberty and the other great sites.
5. Favorite outdoor activity? Hmm...does camping count? Because I like to go camping a whole lot more than playing volleyball...but they're two of my favorite things to do outdoors.
6. What is your most valued possession? This is really hard to decide. I've thought a lot about it recently (all because of the survival stuff, if you read above) and I still haven't quite decided what it is. I would have to say my life and my family, but possessions are things you can hold and I don't currently own anything that's worth more than that to me...I may never own anything more valuable than that.
7. Favorite family tradition? Having cinnamon rolls for breakfast on Thanksgiving morning! I usually had/chose to make them, but this still is my favorite tradition! We have done this ever since I can remember and it is a tradition I plan to continue once I am married to Autry and we have children.
8. Do you still have your wedding dress? Considering I'm not yet married... :) Actually, I just found what will eventually be my wedding dress (possibly) once I do some refashioning to it. I found it at a yard sale last week for .25 cents! I honestly hope that it works out because it would be an awesome story! (Here's the post about it!)
9. Favorite Bible story? I think that Esther has always been my favorite. I am not really sure why but I know that I really like reading it, even now.
10. What is your earliest memory? I'm not really sure...most of the things I can remember is because I saw a picture(s) of it. (This is mostly due the car wreck I was in 2 years ago.) I think the first thing I can remember is when I was six I unwrapped a Winnie The Pooh shirt and wore it all day on my birthday.
11. What was your first car? A 1993 Pontiac Firebird. It was red, with T-tops, and I was planning on fixing it up before the wreck. It was a pretty nice car if I do say so myself. :)
Here are the 11 questions I have for the nominees:
1. Where were you born?
2. What is your favorite hobby?
3. If you could only have five pieces of clothing in your closet what would they be (not including pajamas or undergarments)?
4. Are you happy living where you do right now?
5. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
6. Have you ever gotten an award before--not just in the blogging world!-?
7. Would you rather go for a walk or a run?
8. How many kids do you want to have?
9. What are your favorite junk foods (3-5)?
10. What is one odd habit you have?
11. (I'm continuing this one from Julie) What was your first car?
The 11 Lovely Blogs I'd Love For You To Vist Are
(and they have been nominated by me!)
*please click image to view blog!*
As each nominee writes their post I will re-link it here!
As each nominee writes their post I will re-link it here!