6 cups 100% Whole Grain Quick Oats or Rolled Oats
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1/2 cup canola oil or vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
2. In a large bowl mix together the oats and cinnamon.
3. On the stove place the oil, water, brown sugar and vanilla in a pot. Stir until they are hot.
4. Remove the mix from the stove and pour over the oats. Stir well to make sure everything has the brown sugar/water/oil mix on it.
5. Pour the coated oats out onto a greased cookie sheet or metal pan. Spread it evenly on the whole pan.
6. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes then stir thoroughly. After the first 20 minutes set a timer for 10-15 minutes and stir the granola. Repeat this process until the granola is crunchy to the taste. This will take about an hour.
You can store this in an air-tight container in the cabinet, or in a freezer bag in the freezer. It is good either way.
I like to eat my serving of granola doused in milk or served with Dannon Vanilla Low-Fat Yogurt and frozen fruit such as blueberries or raisins (as in the photo).
If you're looking for something a little different you may want to try my Molassas Granola Recipe!
This Post Was Featured!
The HomeAcre Hop #29 on July 25, 2013!
This Post Was Shared!