Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Things I Heart | Old Couple's Still In Love


One thing that really makes me happy is seeing old couples who are still together AND they're still in love too! After all those years. I hope that one day I will be one of those couples that another girl like me will look at and feel happy inside because of the love I have for Autry.

All photos were found via Pinterest. Original links are listed below each photo.


(Find via VisualizeUS)
(photo via Pinterest)
Old Couple jumping on the bed.
(Found via Pinterest)
(Found via Pinterest)

I just love this photo!
(Found via Pinterest)
From the movie UP.
(Found via Pinterest)
Even after death.
"An old man was standing in front of the Valentines card section contemplating which one to get. I decide to go over and I ask him "Are you getting a Valentine's Day card for your wife? in which he replies 'No my wife died 3 years ago from breast cancer but I still buy her roses and a card and bring them to her grave to prove to her that she was the only one that will ever have my heart'"
(Found via Pinterest)
Walking together.
(Found via Pinterest)

In poor health.
"It was a busy morning, about 8:30, when an elderly gentleman in his 80′s arrived at the hospital to have stitches removed from his thumb. He said he was in a hurry as he had an appointment at 9:00 am. The nurse took his vital signs and had him take a seat, knowing it would be over an hour before someone would be able to see him. I saw him looking at his watch and decided, since I was not busy with another patient, I would evaluate his wound. On exam, it was well healed, so I talked to one of the doctors, got the needed supplies to remove his sutures and redress his wound. While taking care of his wound, I asked him if he had another doctor’s appointment this morning, as he was in such a hurry. The gentleman told me no, that he needed to go to the nursing home to eat breakfast with his wife. I inquired as to her health. He told me that she had been there for a while and that she was a victim of Alzheimer’s Disease. As we talked, I asked if she would be upset if he was a bit late. He replied that she no longer knew who he was, that she had not recognized him in five years now. I was surprised, and asked him, ‘And you still go every morning, even though she doesn’t know who you are?’ He smiled as he patted my hand and said, ‘She doesn’t know me, but I still know who she is.’"
(Found via Bella Camila)

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE old couples in love - whether it still in love or meeting new loves! Some have lost loved ones and find a new connection in their "old" age!

    XOXO
    -Daisy Nguyen from PS BANANAS fashion blog:
    http://psbananas.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.