Sunday, September 9, 2012

Beauty Tips | Happy Is Better Than Skinny

Found on Pinterest but Linked to Tumblr.

Some things in life are worth watching your diet and exercising...but something that should NEVER be on that list is the word "skinny". Girls. We are meant to have curves...not be skin and bones. Otherwise, why did God create us like we are? Sure some of us are thin and some of us are thick...but we aren't "skinny".

Do you know what the definition of skinny even is? Well let's take a quick look...
1. Very thin.
2. Of, relating to, or resembling skin.
3. Lacking in flesh; thin.
4. Consisting of or resembling skin.

Okay just in looking at these four descriptions do you want people to call you skinny? I know I sure don't! Who wants to be referred to as resembling skin? Or what about, "lacking in flesh"? yuck.

Let's read a few verses from Genesis 1 where God is creating the earth and everything in it.
Verse 26 (KJV): And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27: So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
28: And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Now let's read Psalm 100:3: Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves..."

God created us so we are perfect in his eyes. Don't try and be something awful such as "skinny" because you think that is pretty, or your boyfriend will like you better, or you will fit in at school. Be unique!

Anyway, this was just a thought I wanted to share with you since I am cleaning out my Pinterest boards and found this photo. I struggled for a long time with the 'need to be skinny'. I eventually realized that there was more to life than focusing on something so small as my appearance. I hope that this has encouraged at least one person today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.