Friday, September 7, 2012

Read The KJV Bible In 4 Months


One of my personal goals for this year was to read through the Bible (King James Version). The only other time I have done this in my life was my senior year (2009). Since then I have never attempted this huge task. I say task because it is a difficult and tedious undertaking (see other definitions here). Of course, had I stuck to my original plan I would be getting close to done at this point...but obviously I did not do that and am now stuck with the huge task of reading all chapters in the Bible in less than 115 days! Yikes!

So, in order to get this goal accomplished I have come up with a plan which I think will work. There are 1,189 chapters in the Bible, and there are 113 days (starting Monday the 10th) left in this year. So in order to read the whole Bible in about 4 months I looked to see how many weeks there were (about 16), and then divided the chapters by the 16 weeks. That would equal reading about 75 chapters EACH WEEK! Or 10-11 chapters a day for the rest of this year! This is gonna be a huge task for me to accomplish, but I believe I can do it!

To Help Keep Me On Track
1. I am going to make a check off list for each book of the Bible. I actually already made it a few years ago so now I just have to find it and print it out.
2. I will post regularly (hopefully daily) the chapters I've read and anything interesting I might find. This will help motivate me to keep on track so I can make the regular posts.
3. I'm not going to read the Bible in order from front to back. Thanks to the check list I can just read wherever. I will be reading each BOOK in order though, so if I start it I won't start a new one until the book is finished.

Keep me in your prayers as I start this adventure!

3 comments:

  1. I've tried to read the bible too - found it hard to digest because it's written in an old language and doesn't make as much sense with it's old references and tone. I found reading a book about the bible helped. Kinda of like Cliff notes!

    XOXO
    -Daisy Nguyen from PS BANANAS fashion blog:
    http://psbananas.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is difficult to read the Bible, but I found it worth it the last time I read through it and I am sure it will be worth it this time too. :)

      Helen

      Delete
  2. I know this is an old post but would you mind to share your list. I want to read through the Bible in it's entirety but I don't want it to take me a whole year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.