Friday, September 14, 2012

Refashionista | Gray & Black Floral Skirt

This project was one of my very first refashions from earlier this year...only I had no clue then what "refashioning" was, and had never heard of the term "refashionista". Anyway, I love this skirt simply because it is so comfortable and soft plus it is casual! I wanted to add length to this skirt because I felt uncomfortable wearing it with it barely covering my knees and me having to worry about how I was sitting. That is one huge thing I dislike about shorter skirts.


As you can see, quite a bit of length was added with just a few cute ruffles! I think that this will be one of my favorite skirts in the coming months!

What I Did
Before I show the new photo I want to tell you want I did....I took two shirts (one gray and one black, both from Old Navy...as was the dress which was turned into the skirt originally) and cut them into 4 1/2 strips of fabric (skipping out steps of course). Then I ruffled the strips, sewed the like colors together and then pinned the black piece on followed by the gray. Over all this was a very easy refashion and I really do like the results! I think I will feel much more comfortable wearing this skirt than I did before I added some length to it.

This Post Was Shared!

3 comments:

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.