Saturday, September 1, 2012

Rants | Why I Hate Recipes With Allspice

One of my biggest pet peeves in finding a recipe on Pinterest are those that call for Allspice. Let me explain why: in my Mom's kitchen cabinet the jar labeled Allspice is basically something I never use. Really. I never use it! Not only does it smell gross, but I don't even know what's in it. Oh, and when I am married and move out that "spice" will not be in my kitchen!

Okay, back to the subject. Recipes which typically call for Allspice tend to be in the sweeter category aka muffins, coffee cakes, etc. I would NEVER put my mom's jar of Allspice in those things. This is mostly because it smells like something you would put in a soup, not a muffin.

Either the stuff in that jar is not really what it's supposed to be and the people cooking with Allspice have something completely different, or they just use it anyway. I really can't seem to figure this out.

Alright, my rant is done. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.