Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Apple Raisin Bran Muffins

For the longest time I've wanted to make some Bran Muffins! I think they taste delicious, and they would be something different from the other muffins I generally make. Not only that, but we had some of those nasty grape nuts in the cabinet...and no one would eat them (not even me!). Mom finally said that if we didn't eat them she wasn't going to buy any other cereals...of course she was joking, but still. I like my muffins to have a lot of fruit in them which is why I have 6-8 apples in the ingredients list. I used 6 in this recipe.


Makes 34-36 muffins.

Ingredients
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 cups bran flakes (or grape nuts)
1 cup oatmeal (I used quick oats)
2 Tablespoons baking powder
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1 Tablespoon coriander
2 1/2 cups milk/water
1/2 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon almond flavor
2 eggs
1 cup raisins
6-8 medium apples, peeled & diced

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In bowl one mix together flour, sugars, bran flakes, oatmeal, baking powder, cinnamon, and coriander.
3. In bowl two mix together milk/water, oil, vanilla & almond flavor, and eggs.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix together.
5. Add in raisins and diced apples.
6. Using a 1/4 measuring cup fill greased muffin tins.
7. Bake in oven for 22 minutes.

Other Apple Recipes: Apple Breakfast Cake, "Baked" Apple Oatmeal, Grandma Karon's Apple Pie, Crockpot Apple Butter, Fried Apples, Apple Pecan Spice Bread, Apple Oatmeal Spice Drop Cookies, Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Cake, Apple Raisin Bran Muffins, Cinnamon Apple Swirl Bread, Apple Oatmeal Pancakes, Healthy Applesauce Muffins, Apple Pecan Cake, Healthy Crockpot Applesauce.

1 comment:

  1. These look so delicious! I have some Grape Nuts in the kitchen, so I may have to give these a go. Thank you for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.