|This was the first pie. I made the crust with all white flour.|
I made this one especially pretty since I was giving it to the neighbor.
|This crust was made with 1 cup white flour and 1 cup whole wheat flour.|
|This crust is made completely with whole wheat flour.|
When I make them like this they usually don't seem as pretty as the others.
But they still taste delicious!
|The fourth pie. All white crust.|
12 medium/large apples (or a LOT of small apples!)
4 Large Tablespoons of country crock butter (you can use regular butter, I think it would be about 1 stick)
1-2 Tablespoons cinnamon (depends on how much you like)
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons flour
2 Pie Crusts (see below to make your own!)
1 Tablespoon butter, melted
1. Peel, cut, and rinse the apples.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
3. In a large saucepan place the butter, cinnamon, sugar and apples. In that order. The butter will melt and dissolve the sugar, and the cinnamon will mix as well. The apples will cook and create their own juice in just a few minutes. Cook on medium heat (5-6 on my stove) for about 7 minutes or until the mixture is bubbly.
4. Sprinkle the flour over the apples and stir. This will give the juice just enough to keep it from being runny.
5. Place in the pie pan on top of the first crust. Cover with the second crust and brush the butter over the crust.
6. Bake in oven for 40-45 minutes. (I did 40 minutes for both of the pies I made today.) The crust will be golden brown.
Crust (this makes enough dough for one pie, or two pies with thin crust)
2 cups flour
4 Tablespoons sugar
3/4 cup Crisco
1/2 cup water
1. Mix together flour and sugar.
2. Cut in Crisco with a fork until the mix is crumbly.
3. Add in water and stir well.
4. Divide dough in half.
5. Roll out the first bit of dough into a fairly circle shape.
6. Repeat with the second half of dough.
7. Use one piece for the pie base and one for the pie top.
~For best results in the crust brush it with the butter.
~To make this pie even better serve with a large scoop of vanilla ice cream!
|See how delicious this is? Now you will have to make it because|
you will be craving it! :)
|Here is your piece!|
Other Apple Recipes: Apple Breakfast Cake, "Baked" Apple Oatmeal, Grandma Karon's Apple Pie, Crockpot Apple Butter, Fried Apples, Apple Pecan Spice Bread, Apple Oatmeal Spice Drop Cookies, Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Cake, Apple Raisin Bran Muffins, Cinnamon Apple Swirl Bread, Apple Oatmeal Pancakes, Healthy Applesauce Muffins, Apple Pecan Cake, Healthy Crockpot Applesauce.