Monday, September 17, 2012

Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Cake

This recipe was inspired by one I found on Pinterest, of course, and linked to the blog: Cathlin Cooks...But Mostly Bakes. The recipe was doubled and I added a few extra ingredients to make this a wonderful breakfast cake! Enjoy!


Ingredients for Cake
3 cups flour
1 cup rolled oats
2/3 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup white sugar
2 Tablespoons cinnamon
1 Tablespoon ginger
2 Tablespoons baking powder
1 1/3 cup milk or water
1 cup oil
4 eggs, (or 8 Tablespoons egg replacer + 1/2 cup water + 1/2 cup oil)
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1 teaspoon almond flavor
8 medium apples

Topping
4 Tablespoons of butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup milk
3 Tablespoons flour

Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In bowl one mix together the flour, oats, brown & white sugars, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder, and dry part of egg replacer if using it.
3. In bowl two mix together the milk/water, oil, eggs (or the wet part of egg replacer), vanilla, and almond.
4. Peel and dice all of the apples.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
6. Add in the diced apples. Stir until blended.
7. Pour into a 9x13 glass baking dish.
8. Turn the oven temp down to 350 degrees.
9. Bake the cake in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
10. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter. Add in the milk and microwave for 1 minute. Add in the 1/2 cup brown sugar. Blend well before adding in the flour. Mix again. Pour over the top of the baked cake and serve.

Other Apple Recipes: Apple Breakfast Cake, "Baked" Apple Oatmeal, Grandma Karon's Apple Pie, Crockpot Apple Butter, Fried Apples, Apple Pecan Spice Bread, Apple Oatmeal Spice Drop Cookies, Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Cake, Apple Raisin Bran Muffins, Cinnamon Apple Swirl Bread, Apple Oatmeal Pancakes, Healthy Applesauce Muffins, Apple Pecan Cake, Healthy Crockpot Applesauce.

8 comments:

  1. Wowza! This looks a-mazing! must try this! i'm so pinning this.

    Also thanks for popping over to my blog and leaving sweet comments! I'm following you now!

    -Amberly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh well thanks for following!!!! I love new followers! :) And you're very welcome!

      Helen

      Delete
  2. Helen, can you do a tutorial on the t-shirt scarf?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I will!! Hopefully by the end of this week I will make one. Maybe even tomorrow!! :) I've been working on so many projects its crazy! I will make that one a priority for sure!

      Helen

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Any time! I am getting ready to start on it here in the next 20 minutes!

      Helen

      Delete
  4. Wow this looks so good. Only problem is I would probably eat the whole thing myself. Thanks for sharing on "I Gotta Try That"
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I practically did eat half of it over a few days. Thank YOU for hosing the party!

      Helen

      Delete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.