Ingredients for Cake
3 cups flour
1 cup rolled oats
2/3 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup white sugar
2 Tablespoons cinnamon
1 Tablespoon ginger
2 Tablespoons baking powder
1 1/3 cup milk or water
1 cup oil
4 eggs, (or 8 Tablespoons egg replacer + 1/2 cup water + 1/2 cup oil)
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1 teaspoon almond flavor
8 medium apples
4 Tablespoons of butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup milk
3 Tablespoons flour
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In bowl one mix together the flour, oats, brown & white sugars, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder, and dry part of egg replacer if using it.
3. In bowl two mix together the milk/water, oil, eggs (or the wet part of egg replacer), vanilla, and almond.
4. Peel and dice all of the apples.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
6. Add in the diced apples. Stir until blended.
7. Pour into a 9x13 glass baking dish.
8. Turn the oven temp down to 350 degrees.
9. Bake the cake in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
10. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter. Add in the milk and microwave for 1 minute. Add in the 1/2 cup brown sugar. Blend well before adding in the flour. Mix again. Pour over the top of the baked cake and serve.
Other Apple Recipes: Apple Breakfast Cake, "Baked" Apple Oatmeal, Grandma Karon's Apple Pie, Crockpot Apple Butter, Fried Apples, Apple Pecan Spice Bread, Apple Oatmeal Spice Drop Cookies, Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Cake, Apple Raisin Bran Muffins, Cinnamon Apple Swirl Bread, Apple Oatmeal Pancakes, Healthy Applesauce Muffins, Apple Pecan Cake, Healthy Crockpot Applesauce.