1 stick butter, melted
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
1 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In bowl one put the melted butter, oil, sugar, and vanilla. Blend together well.
3. Add in eggs and stir until well blended.
4. In bowl two put the flour, cocoa, and baking powder. Mix together.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir well.
6. Pour the mix into a greased 3 quart glass baking dish.
7. Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the brownies comes out clean.
8. Let the brownies cool for 20-30 minutes before covering them in icing (below).
6 Tablespoons butter, melted
3 Tablespoons cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3 Tablespoons milk
1. In a small bowl mix together the melted butter, cocoa, corn syrup, and vanilla until blended.
2. Add in powdered sugar and 4 Tablespoons of milk.
3. Add more milk IF it is needed. Otherwise finish mixing the icing and then spread on cooled brownies.