Friday, September 14, 2012

Best Brownies

This recipe is one that I have literally made 50+ times. It is my absolute favorite and I almost never use any other recipe. Not only is it my favorite, but I also have friends ask me to make it when I go to parties or they are invited over for the afternoon.


Brownie Ingredients
1 stick butter, melted
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 eggs
2 cups flour
1 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder

Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In bowl one put the melted butter, oil, sugar, and vanilla. Blend together well.
3. Add in eggs and stir until well blended.
4. In bowl two put the flour, cocoa, and baking powder. Mix together.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir well.
6. Pour the mix into a greased 3 quart glass baking dish.
7. Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the brownies comes out clean.
8. Let the brownies cool for 20-30 minutes before covering them in icing (below).

Icing Ingredients
6 Tablespoons butter, melted
3 Tablespoons cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3 Tablespoons milk

Directions
1. In a small bowl mix together the melted butter, cocoa, corn syrup, and vanilla until blended.
2. Add in powdered sugar and 4 Tablespoons of milk.
3. Add more milk IF it is needed. Otherwise finish mixing the icing and then spread on cooled brownies.

2 comments:

  1. I should try this sometime. We always just use box mixes for brownies. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did too!! Until I found this recipe. They are always a crowd favorite! Everywhere I take them there are never any left over!

      Helen

      Delete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.