10-12 medium potatoes
1 onion, peeled and diced
1/2 cup oil
1/2 stick of butter, melted
salt & pepper for seasoning
1. Wash and dice all of the potatoes.
2. In a large pot put 1/2 the diced potatoes. Set a 15 minute timer.
3. Once the timer goes off drain the potatoes and let them sit for 5 minutes in the drainer.
4. On the stove put 1/4 cup of oil in a medium-large skillet. Once the potatoes have drained add them to the skillet. Turn the heat on 5-7 (medium heat). Keep the potatoes well stirred.
5. With a fresh pot of water start steps 1-2 over for the remaining uncooked potatoes.
6. The potatoes in the skillet will start to look clearer and less white when they are close to being done. When you can stick a fork into one of the thickest chunks easily then the potatoes are done. This process will take anywhere from 15-20 minutes.
7. Pour the fried potatoes into a bowl and cover.
8. Repeat steps 3-7 for the second batch of potatoes.
9. Once the potatoes are all cooked pour butter over the potatoes until evenly distributed. Add in salt and pepper if wanted. Serve warm.
~We tend to like ketchup on or potatoes.
~I think these fried potatoes would be delicious served it with my Cornbread in a Pan recipe and a garden salad.