1 cup rolled oats
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
2 chicken bouillon cube
2 cups water
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl: oats, flour, and cornmeal.
2. Crumble the chicken cube with your fingers into the flour mix.
3. Add in the water and egg.
4. On a floured surface roll out the dough.
5. Use a cookie cutter to cut out each dog treat. I used a diamond shape cutter and then divided each one in half to make two treats. One half of the triangle would be one treat for a 40-60 lb. dog. For a smaller dog make the treat into 4 pieces.
6. Place on a greased cookie sheet.
7. Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
8. Flip the treats over and bake another 20 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and let them cool on the pan for about 5 minutes.
10. Store in an air-tight container or Ziploc bag in the cabinet or fridge. Mine have been in a Ziploc in the pantry for over a week and are doing just fine.
Buddy's Reaction To The Treats
|I had to keep him from sniffing it, but he was a very good boy and waited until I told him he could eat it.|
|Eating the first treat.|
|Buddy so excited for his second treat he would follow it with his nose!|
|Buddy waiting for his treat.|
|Eating the second treat. Or as Autry says: Did you see that squirrel?!?!?!|