Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Apple Pickin' September

This morning mom rounded up everyone and had us go pick apples off our neighbor's tree. She kindly let us have everything we could pick...and there are still more which she said we could come back for any time.

P.S. this shirt was thrifted!

I had a lot of fun picking apples. Especially once I was allowed up on the ladder. Everyone else hated it. I think that was mostly because they were being eaten alive by mosquitoes and it was hot out. Mom had to practically pull me off the ladder. I didn't want to stop picking apples. It was so fun! And the messy hair is thanks to the tree branches which kept getting snagged in my ponytail.


I think that we made a pretty good haul over all for less than an hour of work. Who would turn away free apples anyway? Especially when they are so delicious and there are so many things you can do with them! And there are even more apples than this in the spare fridge! I have two large bowls full and one of the vegetable drawers is stuffed with them! The apple factory will be up and running again for the next week or two. :)

2 comments:

  1. I remember picking apples every fall as a kid. We'd see apples trees or pear trees and stop and ask the owner if we could pick them. Nothing beats fresh picked apples!
    XOXO
    -Daisy Nguyen from PS BANANAS fashion blog:
    http://psbananas.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that all the time! I love it when people let me pick apples, especially if they aren't going to be using them!

      Helen

      Delete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.