Wednesday, September 26, 2012

White Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

Oh how much I love white chocolate! I wanted to make a recipe that Autry would really like so I looked at my food boards on Pinterest. I found a pin which led to the blog Your Homebased Mom. Just looking at the ingredients I knew the bars would be too sweet for most of us here so I made a few small changes and added a few things (of course) and came up with these delicious bars! They were a huge hit tonight after dinner!


Servings: makes 1 full cookie sheet of bars. Sizes can vary.

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon almond
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups flour
1 12 oz. package (2 cups) of Hershey's premier white chips

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a regular cookie sheet with foil then spray it will cooking spray.
3. In a medium bowl mix together the butter and sugars.
4. Add in vanilla & almond extracts and the eggs. Mix well.
5. Add in baking powder and salt and then add 1 cup of flour at a time, mixing in between cups. Add the last 1/2 cup of flour.
6. Use a spoon to stir in the chocolate chips.
7. Spread the mix out over the foil. This will take some work, but it can be done!
8. Bake the cookie bars in the oven for 20 minutes.
9. Let the pan sit on the counter for 5-8 minutes to cool. Use a dinner knife to slice the bars and serve or store in an air tight container (don't close the container until the bars are completely cooled though!).

This Post Was Shared!

2 comments:

  1. I make something similar with a box cake mix and also macadamians.. (lazy mom cookie). This sounds so yummy! I can't wait to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to bake everything from scratch...but I would've added macadamians if I had them in the pantry! :)

      Helen

      Delete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.