Makes 2 dozen + 2-3 cookies.
2-3 medium apples, diced or chopped kinda small
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon blackstrap molasses
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cup white flour
1 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
2. Chop the apples and pour the lemon juice over them to keep them from turning brown.
3. In bowl 1 place the melted butter, white and brown sugars, and molasses and mix well.
4. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix again.
5. In a seperate bowl whisk together flour, oats, baking powder & soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger.
6. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until well blended.
7. Use a large dinner spoon to drop dough onto a greased cookie sheet.
8. Bake in oven for 14-15 minutes.
9. Let the baked cookies sit on the sheet for 5 minutes before removing them to a cooling rack.
Other Apple Recipes: Apple Breakfast Cake, "Baked" Apple Oatmeal, Grandma Karon's Apple Pie, Crockpot Apple Butter, Fried Apples, Apple Pecan Spice Bread, Apple Oatmeal Spice Drop Cookies, Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Cake, Apple Raisin Bran Muffins, Cinnamon Apple Swirl Bread, Apple Oatmeal Pancakes, Healthy Applesauce Muffins, Apple Pecan Cake, Healthy Crockpot Applesauce.