Friday, September 14, 2012

Apple Oatmeal Spice Cookies

If you are looking for a soft cookie recipe...this is it! The original recipe which inspired my recipe today can be found at Joy the Baker. I found this on Pinterest and since I still had so many apples to use up I decided to give these a try. However, I made a few slight changes (I wanted more apples, no nuts, and NO nutmeg but replaced it for ginger instead).


Makes 2 dozen + 2-3 cookies.

Ingredients
2-3 medium apples, diced or chopped kinda small
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon blackstrap molasses
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cup white flour
1 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger

Directions
 
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Chop the apples and pour the lemon juice over them to keep them from turning brown.
3. In bowl 1 place the melted butter, white and brown sugars, and molasses and mix well.
4. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix again.
5. In a seperate bowl whisk together flour, oats, baking powder & soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger.
6. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until well blended.
7. Use a large dinner spoon to drop dough onto a greased cookie sheet.
8. Bake in oven for 14-15 minutes.
9. Let the baked cookies sit on the sheet for 5 minutes before removing them to a cooling rack.

Other Apple Recipes: Apple Breakfast Cake, "Baked" Apple Oatmeal, Grandma Karon's Apple Pie, Crockpot Apple Butter, Fried Apples, Apple Pecan Spice Bread, Apple Oatmeal Spice Drop Cookies, Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Cake, Apple Raisin Bran Muffins, Cinnamon Apple Swirl Bread, Apple Oatmeal Pancakes, Healthy Applesauce Muffins, Apple Pecan Cake, Healthy Crockpot Applesauce.

2 comments:

  1. I love apple, and I love outmeal cookies, so I'm going to have to try these! How is the texture - crunchy or chewy?

    XOXO
    -Daisy Nguyen from PS BANANAS fashion blog:
    http://psbananas.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really more on the soft side. Maybe a little chewy? Lol. I'm really not good with discriptions...sorry.

      Helen

      Delete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.