Saturday, September 15, 2012

Chronological Order for the Old Testament Bible



Last night, while I was trying to make myself tired enough to sleep, I started reading all the notes and introduction things in my Study Bible. I came across something I wish I had found before I started this 4  month Bible reading challenge...the list of the books of the Bible in Chronological order!!! How awesome is that? I always wondered if the Bible was in order, although at some point I probably knew that, but now I know what the order really is and I'm excited!

Chronological Order of the Books of the Bible
Genesis
Job
Exodus
Leviticus
Numbers
Deuteronomy
Joshua
Judges
Ruth
1 Samuel
2 Samuel
Psalms
1 Kings
1 Chronicles
Song of Solomon
Proverbs
Ecclesiastes
2 Kings
2 Chronicles
Obadiah
Joel
Jonah
Amos
Hosea
Micah
Isaiah
Nahum
Zephaniah
Habakkuk
Jeremiah
Lamentations
Daniel
Ezekiel
Ezra
Esther
Haggai
Zachariah
Nehemiah
Malachi

Now that I know this order (and as soon as I finish reading the book of Psalms) I plan to follow this for the remaining books (all but the two I've finished so far: Esther & Nehemiah, and then Psalms). I really am glad to have found this. I think some things may make more sense if I read them in this order!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.