Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pumpkin Double Layer Pie

This year we decided to try an old recipe which has been in our collection for years...literally since 1995...and we haven't made it in a while so it was time to pull it out of the dust and make it once again!


This recipe makes 2 pies.

Ingredients
2 large graham cracker pie crusts
8 oz. (1 brick) cream cheese, softened
2 Tablespoons milk or half-and-half
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 8 oz. tub cool whip
1 cup milk or half-and-half
2 medium boxes of Jell-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
1 16 oz. cans pumpkin
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger

Directions
1. In a small bowl mix together the cream cheese, 2 Tablespoons of milk, and sugar until smooth. Stir in the cool whip.


2. Divide the mix in half and spread one half into each of the pie crusts.
3. In the now empty mixing bowl mix together the 2 cups of milk and the packages of vanilla pudding. Stir together. The mix will get thick really fast, but stir until the lumps are all gone. Add in the pumpkin, cinnamon, and ginger.
4. Divide the mix in half and pour one half on each pie. Spread evenly across each pie crust.
5. Cover the pie and put in fridge overnight, or at least 3 hours before serving.

Notes
I absolutely promise that this pie tastes a whole lot better than the photo looks! I have two of them and I had my little brother helping me put them together...so tomorrow when we're serving them I'll get some more photos and upload them as soon as I can!

Other photos of this delicious pie:

Cut and ready to serve!

This is one slice I ate a day after it was made. SO good! All the rellies loved the pie and said the recipe was a keeper!

This Post Was Shared!

3 comments:

  1. LOOKS SO GOOD. I've never actually eaten pumpkin! But this looks soooo good.

    xoxo Angie (sundaybelle.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow really? I don't like pumpkin unless it has sugar in it lol.

      Helen

      Delete
  2. This is an amazing recipe. It looks delicious. I have a link party called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party and would love to have you share this with everyone. Here is the link to the party.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/11/mason-jar-center-piece-and-wednesdays.html
    Debi @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.