Monday, July 16, 2012

DIY Microderm Face Scrub

A microderm scrub is used to get rid of the top layer of your face skin, aka dead skin you don't want to keep. This also helps with breakouts and I personally love using it! I used to sell the MaryKay microderm...it was $30+ for a bottle of it. Of course it probably had a lot of other great things in it for your skin, but I really like this new scrub!


Ingredients
3 teaspoons water
5 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon olive oil
1-2 drops lavender essential oil (optional)

Directions
1. Mix all ingredients together.
2. Carefully scrub your entire face (avoiding your eye lids, etc).
3. Rinse with warm water.
4. Its best to use a moisturizer after you use this scrub. I used the Yogurt Face Mask and it worked amazingly!

Notes
~I am keeping mine stored in an old MaryKay mineral foundation container in my bathroom cabinet.
~This scrub should not be used daily! At the most you should have a day in between uses so that you do not end up with a red face

This Post Was Shared!

6 comments:

  1. Hello Helen,
    I am going to give this face wash a try, thanks for sharing.
    Smiles, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome! Let me know how it works for you!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing at Fluster's Creative Muster. I pinned your scrub to my Beauty & Fashion Board.

    Robin @ Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed this post in your "popular reads" section and was thinking, Hmmm I love my Mary Kay Microdermabrasion set but it's $56 a pop! I was hoping this would be close and so when I opened it up and read that you compared it to MK I was stoked. Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha that's awesome! Yes. I sold MaryKay and that's where I originally even heard of Microderm. I think it works just as well. It just doesn't come with the moisturizer. I have done this and then a yogurt face mask afterwards. That's mentioned above though.

      Helen

      Delete
  5. Would you advise against subbing coconut oil for the olive oil or it should be fine?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.