Friday, July 27, 2012

Oatmeal Pancakes

My search for a family pleasing pancake recipe has come to an end at last! Thank goodness! I was getting tired of trying to find new recipes to try out... This recipe is one I whipped together this morning for breakfast. They were a huge hit and I was very glad! I added oatmeal to give the pancakes just a little more something in the flavor and it tasted really good.


Makes 24 pancakes.

Ingredients
2 cups oats (I used quick oats, but you could also use rolled oats)
3 cups flour (I used white this morning. I plan to try this recipe with wheat in the future.)
4 Tablespoons sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
2 cups milk
2 cups water
2 eggs OR 4 Tablespoons egg replacer with 1/4 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 Tablespoons applesauce

Directions
1. In a large bowl mix together oats, flour, sugar and baking powder.
2. Add in milk, water, eggs, vanilla, and applesauce.
3. Mix everything together really well.
4. Cook on a griddle or in a skillet.

Notes
~For blueberry pancakes add 2 cups of frozen blueberries to the batter

2 comments:

  1. I love that these pancakes have oats in them! I bet they are delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they are! I absolutely love oatmeal and try to add it to as many recipes as possible.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.