Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Little Things In Life



I feel like, until recently, I have been looking at my life expecting the big things to make me happy. Big things would include good health, the ability to work, or even drive a car, yet I know there is more to life than that. I am very grateful for God bringing Autry into my life. He has been such a blessing to me and I know that we are meant to be together.

In the past two months I have been able to be around Autry in a way that was never possible before. We met through my best friend via Facebook last March. After a rough start and then an abrupt end to a blooming relationship I was heartbroken. Five months later God brought him back into my life. This time things were much better (timing, etc.). We had a second chance at a relationship that was meant to be.

Two months ago Autry bussed in to the station at Cape. I was there to meet him. I remember getting there an hour early with mom and dad. I was so excited I couldn't sit still. Of course a huge load of fears were creeping into my head at the same time. "What if he doesn't like me when he sees me?" "What if my brain injury problems scare him off?" "What if he leaves?" Fortunately mom was there and she helped reassure me.

The bus was late. That was the most nerve wrecking hour of my life. I watched the road constantly; waiting to see the tall bus looming into view. Finally the moment arrived. I saw the bus! I jumped out of the car and was across the parking lot in no time. I stood to the side while the bus driver unloaded baggage. I could see him! He was walking through the bus, to the door, and into my arms. I was still nervous, but I was the happiest girl on earth! I had waited 9 months and 10 days for this to happen, and it finally did!

Autry has been apart of my daily life since he arrived. I have come to love him in a completely different way than I was able to with just a long distance relationship of phone calls, letters and texting. I have realized that what happens in life doesn't matter anymore. I may not ever work again, but that isn't the end of the world. I am happy with my man. He helps me to enjoy the little things in life and that is what is important.

Since Autry has been here:
~We have gone on a long walk :)
~I have cooked him many, many meals which he only heard about on the phone
~ He found me a kitten to hold when I had to give all of mine away
~He bought me 12 yellow roses! (yes the ones from the first pic!)
~We have gone shopping at Walmart together (silly, but it was such fun!)
~He went camping with me and my family at the river (talk about beautiful skies!)
~He has seen me at my worst
~He has endured my constant worrying
~He has experienced first hand the reality of my brain injury and still wants to be with me
~He has held me in his arms and told me "I love you" (I always dreamed about that moment)

There are so many more, but these are the few I can think of at this very moment. :)

Here are a few photo's of the first meeting I thought I would share with you!

Waiting, and waiting some more.

The first hug!
I couldn't let go...
Collecting baggage. The driver said,
"Man, someone really missed you." Yes, yes I did!

The faces of two very happy people!


In front of the bus.
In the car on the way home!

5 comments:

  1. Aw...this was my favorite post of yours so far! LOVED the story!!! Yes, it is the small things... Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow I love this story!! how sweet...that's what true love is right there!!! so are yall married or dating?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) We are still dating...and had planned to get married in october, but we bought a car and a few things messed up on it so we got set back financially and will have to build that back up again before we can get married...so now we are hoping to get married in January-February.

      Helen

      Delete
  3. AWWWW! :D Just saying you better invite me to that wedding! I prayed for you a man for a long time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha of course Stephanie! I will eventaully have to get your address... We are still undecided on if we will even have a ceremony or not though..

      Helen

      Delete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.