Sunday, July 22, 2012

Texas Sheet Cake

This is one of my favorite cake recipes! I would even go so far as to say that this is pretty much the only chocolate cake that I like to eat... It is moist, it has good flavor, the icing is amazing, and it's easy to make!


Ingredients
2 cups flour
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 Tablespoons cocoa
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
2 eggs
 
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl place flour, cinnamon, and baking soda. Set aside.
3. In a sauce pan melt the butter.
4. Add water, vanilla and cocoa to butter mix.
5. Pour the wet mix into the flour mix. Stir.
6. Add in milk, apple cider and eggs. Stir until smooth. (I like to use a whisk.)
7. Pour batter into a large, greased pan.
8. Bake for 25 minutes.
9. While the cake is cooling, mix the frosting.
10. Pour the frosting onto the cooled cake and smooth with a spatula.

Frosting
1 stick butter
6 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 Tablespoons cocoa
1 box (2 cups) powdered sugar
1 large package chopped pecans (optional...I am allergic so I don't use them but I've heard it makes the cake that much better!)
 
Frosting Directions
1. In the saucepan melt the butter. Add in the milk and vanilla.
2. Stir in the cocoa.
3. Add in powdered sugar. Stir until smooth.
4. Add in pecans.
5. Spread on cooled cake with a spatula.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.