Saturday, July 14, 2012

Hairstyle | Fake Short Ponytail

This is the hairstyle I tried out today. It just kind happened and ended up looking really cute. My hair is really curly so it doesn't look that long in the first step of the tutorial, but it is past the middle of my back when it's wet from being washed. Anyone with curly hair knows how that is!

I loved this style for this hot summer weather because it got my hair up off my neck, but didn't include poking bobby pins in my head! I love bobby pins because they give you so much more you can do with your hair, but there are some days I just don't want to put up with them. Today was one of those days.


You Will Need
1-2 regular hair elastics
A jersey wrap-around headband


1. Have your hair down to start with.


2. Separate most of the top half of the hair from a little bit of the hair near your neck. Run the wrap around headband between the two sections of hair.


3. Pull your hair into a side ponytail. I chose to do this on the same side as the flower from my headband.


4. If you choose to use two hair elastics (I call them rubber bands) then wrap the first one around your hair until it is secure. Wrap the second one around until you get to the last time it will wrap...leave a little 'bun' with the rest of the hair not pulled through all the way. Let the hair fall naturally. Now you have a 'fake short ponytail'!

Finished Look




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.