Thursday, July 19, 2012

Refashionista | Pajama Pants to Shorts

This is one of those projects I have been putting off for no good reason. I had these flannel pajama pants from years ago that were now too short for me. They were comfy though so I didn't want to get rid of them. I decided to make pajama shorts out of them instead! And I must say they are quite comfy. :)


What You Need To Make These
A pair of pajama pants that still fit you


1. Lay the pants out flat on the floor.


2. Lay a pair of sleeping shorts on top of them. Preferbly a pair you like!


3. Cut, cut, cut the legs off!



4. Fold the shorts in half. Trim them up to make them even.


5. The even shorts. Also, you may want to trim extra off the front so that they will hang even when you wear them...depends on how big of a booty you have. ;)


6. Inside out the shorts and fold the raw edges under. Pin in place.


7. Sew! Start at the edge where the shorts will be between your legs so the other edge will not have a million back stitches showing!

8. Snip all the excess threads.

Enjoy your new, comfy pajama shorts!


This Post Was Shared!

3 comments:

  1. Hello Helen,
    Great idea to repurpose an old pair of pj pants. Way to be Green. :o)
    Smiles, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I was suprised at how easy this was! I have a few more pajama pants which I will be refashioning now! Lol.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea... My mom was complaining about some pj pants that after she washed got to short for her. I'll have to let her know about this idea.

    xoxo,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.