Friday, July 6, 2012

Bible Study | There Is Only One God





I believe there is one God in the entire world. He is the only God there ever was and ever will be. He is all powerful and there is no one else like him. Here are 30 verses I have found which prove this statement to be true. (Thank you to Pastor Vance Bowman ~PVB are the verses he recommended I start with~ from UPC in Shawnee, OK for helping me get this study started!) All verses are from the King James Version Bible.

·         PVB. Deuteronomy 4:35 ~Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the Lord he is God; there is none else beside him. Ref. Deuteronomy 32:39, 1 Sam 2:2, Isaiah 45:5.

·         PVB. Deuteronomy 4:39 ~Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the Lord he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else. Ref. Deuteronomy 4:35.

·         Deuteronomy 6:4 ~Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord. Ref. Isaiah 42:8, John 17:3, 1 Corinthians 8:4, 1 Corinthians 8:6.

·         PVB. Deuteronomy 32:39 ~See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand. Ref. Isaiah 45: 5.

·         1 Samuel 2:2 ~(o)There is none holy as the Lord: for there is (p)none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God. Ref. Deuteronomy 4:35.

·         PVB. Psalm 86:10 ~For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone. Ref. Deuteronomy 32:39, Isaiah 37:16, Isaiah 44:6, 1 Corinthians 8:4, Eph. 4:6.

·         Isaiah 37:16 ~O Lord of hosts, God of Israel, that dwellest between the cherubims, thou are the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth: thou has made heaven and earth.

·         PVB. Isaiah 42:8 ~I am the Lord: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, either my praise to graven images.

·         PVB. Isaiah 43:10 ~Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. Ref. Isaiah 44:6.

·         PVB. Isaiah 43:11 ~I, even I, am the Lord: and beside me there is no savior. Ref. Isaiah 45:21, Hosea 13:4.

·         PVB. Isaiah 44:6 ~Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. Ref. Revelation 1:8.

·         Isaiah 44:8 ~Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? Ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? Yea, there is no God; I know not any. Ref. Isaiah 45:5.

·         PVB. Isaiah 45:5 ~I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

·         PVB. Isaiah 45:6 ~That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the Lord, and there is none else.

·         Isaiah 45:18 ~For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and there is none else. Ref. Isaiah 45:5.

·         PVB. Isaiah 45:21 ~Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from the ancient time? Who hath told it from that time? Have not I the Lord? And there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me. Ref. Isaiah 45:5, Isaiah 45:18, Isaiah 44:8, Isaiah 46:9.

·         PVB. Isaiah 45:22 ~Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

·         PVB. Isaiah 46:9 ~Remember the former things of old: for I am God; and there is none else; I am God; and there is none like me. Ref. Isaiah 45:5, Isaiah 45:21.

·         Hosea 13:4 ~Yet I am the Lord thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no savior beside me. Ref. Isaiah 43:11, Isaiah 45:21.

·         Malachi 2:10a ~Have we not all one father? Hath not one God created us? Ref. 1 Corinthians 8:6, Ephesians 4:6.

·         Mark 12:29 ~And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord: Ref. Deuteronomy 6:4.

·         John 17:3 ~And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. Ref. 1 Corinthians 8:4.

·         Romans 3:30 ~Seeing it is one God which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and circumcision through faith.

·         1 Corinthians 8:4 ~As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one. Ref. Deuteronomy 4:39, Deuteronomy 6:4, Isaiah 44:8, Mark 12:29, 1 Corinthians 8:6, Ephesians 4:6, 1 Timothy 2:5.

·         1 Corinthians 8:6 ~But to us there is but one God the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him. Ref. Malachi 2:10, Ephesians 4:6, Ephesians 4:5.

·         Ephesians 4:5 ~One Lord, one faith, one baptism.

·         Ephesians 4:6 ~One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. Ref. 1 Corinthians 8:6.

·         1 Timothy 2:5 ~For there is one God; and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

·         James 2:19 ~Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

·         Revelation 1:8 ~I am the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.