Saturday, July 7, 2012

Debbie's Banana Cake

I am posting this recipe for two reasons. One because it is absolutely delicious, and two because it is the cake that Debbie Wells would make. Debbie was a pastors wife who died from cancer. She was a wonderful woman.


Ingredients
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 sticks butter
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup milk
1 cup nuts (optional, I usually don't add them)
1 cup or 4 mashed bananas

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix together flour, sugar and brown sugar.
3. In a pan, bring butter and water to a boil.
4. Pour water mix over flour and stir.
5. Add vanilla, baking soda, milk, nuts, and bananas.
6. Pour onto a large greased cookie sheet (or two regular cookie sheets).
7. Bake for 20 minutes.
8. Mix together icing, and pour over warm, not hot, cake.

Banana Icing
1 stick butter
4 Tablespoons milk
1/2 cup or 2 bananas smashed
2-3 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
 
Icing Directions
1. In a sauce pan bring butter, milk and bananas to a boil.
2. Add sugar and vanilla.
3. Pour over warm, not hot, cake.

Notes
~the cake gets better the longer it sits

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.