Sunday, July 15, 2012

Blueberry with a Hint of Lemon Pie

Autry's favorite pie is the one his Aunt T makes. He told me what she did (how she used cream cheese, blueberry pie filling, and cool whip) and then I created this recipe for his birthday as a surprise. Fortunately he loved it! And so did everyone else! Mom said she gives it a 5 star rating... she doesn't give me those very often either. :)


Crust for 1 Pie
1 1/3 cup flour
1 Tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup shortening
5-8 Tablespoons of water

Crust for 2 Pies
2 cups flour
3 Tablespoons sugar
3/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup water

Crust Directions
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Pour flour and sugar into a bowl. Stir until blended.
3. Using a fork, mix the shortening into the flour mix. It will have a crumbly texture when this is done.
4. Adding 2 Tablespoons of water at a time, stir in water until the dough sticks together, but is not sticky. (For 2 crusts I used almost the whole 1/4 cup of water.)
5. For 2 pies, divide the dough in half. Roll out the dough on a floured counter. Place in a greased pie pan. Fix the edge as you wish.
5. Bake in oven for 10 minutes.

Blueberry Pie~The Layers~ (for 1 pie)
1 8oz. package cream cheese, very soft or microwaved for 1-2 minutes
2 Tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 can blueberry pie filling
1 8oz. container cool whip

Pie Directions
1. Whip cream cheese, butter, sugar, vanilla, and lemon until smooth. Pour over baked pie crust
2. Chill for 3 hours or overnight.


3. Pour pie filling over the chilled cheese layer. Chill for at least one hour.


4. Top with cool whip and serve.

More Photos
I don't do this very often, but here are a few more pics of this amazing pie!


This Post Was Shared!

1 comment:

  1. LOVED this recipe. Mmmm...never had anything like it. I think I want it for my birthday desert next year. ***** (five) stars!!! Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.