Crust for 1 Pie
1 1/3 cup flour
1 Tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup shortening
5-8 Tablespoons of water
Crust for 2 Pies
2 cups flour
3 Tablespoons sugar
3/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Pour flour and sugar into a bowl. Stir until blended.
3. Using a fork, mix the shortening into the flour mix. It will have a crumbly texture when this is done.
4. Adding 2 Tablespoons of water at a time, stir in water until the dough sticks together, but is not sticky. (For 2 crusts I used almost the whole 1/4 cup of water.)
5. For 2 pies, divide the dough in half. Roll out the dough on a floured counter. Place in a greased pie pan. Fix the edge as you wish.
5. Bake in oven for 10 minutes.
Blueberry Pie~The Layers~ (for 1 pie)
1 8oz. package cream cheese, very soft or microwaved for 1-2 minutes
2 Tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 can blueberry pie filling
1 8oz. container cool whip
1. Whip cream cheese, butter, sugar, vanilla, and lemon until smooth. Pour over baked pie crust
2. Chill for 3 hours or overnight.
3. Pour pie filling over the chilled cheese layer. Chill for at least one hour.
4. Top with cool whip and serve.
I don't do this very often, but here are a few more pics of this amazing pie!
This Post Was Shared!