Monday, July 16, 2012

Pumpkin Snickerdoodles

This is a recipe which I pretty much copied from Pennies on a Platter (now known as Seed At The Table). I only made a few tiny changes to it, otherwise it's pretty much the same as the one found above. I will say that these cookies really are not terribly sweet…of course everyone loved them, but if I was making them for me I would add more sugar (1/2 cup brown sugar). I do have an extremely big sweet tooth though, so keep that in mind!


Cookie Ingredients
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened/melted
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 15oz. can pumpkin
1 egg
3 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 Tablespoon cinnamon

Sugar Mix
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger

Directions 
1. In a medium bowl mix together butter, sugars and vanilla. Add in pumpkin and egg.
2. In a separate bowl mix together flour, cornstarch, baking powder and the spices: ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon.
3. Stir flour mix into wet mix. Freeze for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. Mix together ingredients for the sugar mix.
5. Roll the dough into small balls.
6. Roll the balls in the sugar mix.
7. Place on greased cookie sheet. Press into circles with the bottom of a glass.
8. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.

2 comments:

  1. I'm soo jealous!!! This looks so yummy! I LOVE sweets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol well they were fairly easy to make so you should try them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.