Sunday, July 22, 2012

DIY Painted Bobby Pins

This is the first of a few small and easy projects which relate to hair! For quite a while now I have been painting my bobby pins because with 5 girls in the house bobby pins are always disappearing! Since I have started painting mine I have always had plenty to use because everyone knows they are mine and won't "steal" or "borrow" them. Lol. :)


What You Need
A package of bobby pins (brand new are easiest to work with, but I have painted used pins too)
Silver glitter nail polish (or another type of polish. I have used hot pink a few times!)

1. With all the pins on the cardboard piece they come on, take the polish and brush it over each bobby pin or small groups of bobby pins. Coat them with as much or as little polish as you want. I like a lot of glitter so I usually run the brush over them 4-5 times!
2. Let the pins sit for about an hour to dry really good.
3. Remove the pins from the cardboard piece and use in your hair!

3 comments:

  1. I did this with my 2 granddaughters. We also glued small matching beads to the ends. They turned out really cute. Thank you for sharing this easy,fun,inexpensive tip

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great, simple idea! I love it! Thanks for sharing! I am a new follower :) Cannot wait to see what the new year brings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.