Monday, July 9, 2012

Bisquick Peach Breakfast Cake

This recipe is very easy and can be used with any fruit. I chose peaches because that's what we had in the pantry. You can use a different fruit if you like.


Ingredients
29oz. can Peaches in 100% juice, diced (Keep the juice!)
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons cinnamon
4 cups bisquick (or similar bakery mix)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon almond extract

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a sauce pan mix together peaches, cornstarch and cinnamon. Have on medium heat and stir occasionally until it begins to bubble. After that let it simmer for 1 minute before removing from heat.
3. In a large bowl, mix together bisquick and brown sugar.
4. Add in butter, milk, oil, vanilla and almond flavors. Stir well. This will make a thick mixture.
5. In a greased baking dish (9x13 or a little bigger) place most of the batter, leaving about 1/4 in the bowl. Spread evenly around the bottom of the pan.
6. Pour the peach mix over the batter in the pan. Spread evenly.
7. Take the remaining dough and roll it into shapes for the top of the cake or use a spoon and dot the top of the cake.
8. Bake in oven for 40 minutes.
9. When the cake is out of the oven drizzle it with the glaze and serve.

Glaze
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon butter, melted
1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon milk

1. Mix all ingredients together until smooth, with no lumps.
2. Drizzle over cake.


This Post Was Shared!

4 comments:

  1. This was the *best ever* coffee cake! Love it and can't wait to try it again. ***** (five) stars! Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I was sold on this when you said cake for breakfast. Peaches would definitely be what I would use. They are a favorite of mines.

    Sharon
    http://makeitorfixit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's funny! Yeah I'm all for cake or sweets for breakfast. My hubby is not so it's not often I make something like this for breakfast.

      Helen

      Delete
  3. I bet this is so yummy hot and fresh out of the oven! Pinning to my breakfast board. Thanks for sharing at All Things Pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.