Monday, July 16, 2012

Oatmeal Meatloaf

This is a recipe we have used in our family for years! It is delicious, easy, and never fails! The amounts used here are perfect for a large family, or for an extended family gathering.


Ingredients
4 eggs
3 cups milk
3 cups oatmeal
1 Tablespoon onion powder
1 Tablespoon parsley flakes
1 teaspoon ground sage
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
5-6 lbs. meat
1 cup ketchup
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon mustard

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl mix together eggs, milk, oatmeal, onion powder, parsley, sage and black pepper.
3. Add in meat. Its best if you mix it with your hands.
4. Spread into a large, greased baking pan.
5. Bake in oven for 50 minutes. Check to see if it is done. If it isn't done bake 10 more minutes.
6. Drain off the grease from the top of the loaf.
7. Mix together the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Spread on the top of the loaf.
8. Bake for 10 more minutes.
9. Serve soon after the ketchup mix is baked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.