3 cups of oatmeal
2 cups of whole wheat flour
1 cup wheat germ
5 Tablespoons of sucanat (or another organic sweetener)
1 cup of oil
1 1/2 cups of water
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. In a bowl mix together the oatmeal, flour, wheat germ and sucanat until well blended.
3. Add in oil and water. Stir until there is nothing dry left.
4. Grease two cookie sheets.
5. Divide the dough in half. Put on half on each cookie sheet.
6. Use your hands to mash the mixture until it is thin and touching all the edges. Make sure to mash it down well. Also, push down the dough which comes up on the edges. Thinner is better.
7. Use a knife and cut the mashed dough into desired amounts. Fork each square.
8. Bake in oven for 45 minutes or until crisp. (I baked mine for 45 minutes, but they could be baked another 10-15 minutes.)
9. Let the pan cool 10 minutes before removing them and putting them in a storage container.