Sunday, July 8, 2012

Healthy Oatmeal Crackers

These crackers are healthy because they have no sugar (only organic sweetener is used), whole wheat flour, oatmeal, and no salt! They are very easy to whip up and taste good with a large amount of things such as peanut or almond butter, cheese slices, apple slices, grapes, etc.


Ingredients
3 cups of oatmeal
2 cups of whole wheat flour
1 cup wheat germ
5 Tablespoons of sucanat (or another organic sweetener)
1 cup of oil
1 1/2 cups of water

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. In a bowl mix together the oatmeal, flour, wheat germ and sucanat until well blended.
3. Add in oil and water. Stir until there is nothing dry left.
4. Grease two cookie sheets.
5. Divide the dough in half. Put on half on each cookie sheet.
6. Use your hands to mash the mixture until it is thin and touching all the edges. Make sure to mash it down well. Also, push down the dough which comes up on the edges. Thinner is better.
7. Use a knife and cut the mashed dough into desired amounts. Fork each square.
8. Bake in oven for 45 minutes or until crisp. (I baked mine for 45 minutes, but they could be baked another 10-15 minutes.)
9. Let the pan cool 10 minutes before removing them and putting them in a storage container.

1 comment:

  1. I love these crackers. Very healthful! ***** stars! Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.