Friday, July 13, 2012

Pumpkin Breakfast Cake

I saw this on Pinterest last night and decided that this would be my next breakfast food. We have pumpkin still in the cabinet so this works out perfectly! This is a delicious recipe. It may not look amazing, but it tastes amazing. My grandparents stopped by and took a few pieces home with them. I told Papa, "I hope you like it, it's pumpkin." He said, "Honey, if you made it then I know I will love it." I hope you will enjoy this as much as we all did. :)


Cake
4 cups flour
2 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 Tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
 OR 2 teaspoons nutmeg, 1 teaspoon ginger, 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
3 cups milk or water
1 3/4 cup canned pumpkin (or 15oz. can)
2 eggs
1 Tablespoon vanilla

Topping
2 Tablespoons butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour

Glaze
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup  heavy whipping cream
4 Tablespoons butter

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, powdered milk, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice.
3. Add in water, canned pumpkin, eggs and vanilla. Stir well.
4. Pour into a greased baking dish.
5. In a small bowl, melt the topping butter. Add in brown sugar and flour. Stir well then spread over the top of the cake.
6. Mix together the glaze and pour over the top of the cake.
7. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Serve warm.

Links

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.