A friend of mine gave me this shirt about 6 months ago. Since then it has sat in a box and lived a boring life...until my sister saw it. She tried it on (the before pictures) but, because it is such a loose shirt it wouldn't stay on her right. She asked me to fix it for her so I did.
What To Do
1. Put the shirt on.
2. Figure out where you can get the shirt on and off comfortably around your arm area.
3. Make sure the front and back of the shirt are even (this is very important!)
4. Use a safety pin in the spot where you want to sew it. (You can barley see the lines I marked where we pinned this shirt in the photo above. This is a before photo.)
5. Take the shirt off and bring it to the sewing machine.
6. Run a row of stitches forwards, backwards then forwards again. The stitches should be no more than 1-2 inches long.
7. Cut off the hanging strings and there you have it!
Needless to say Val loves her new shirt! I will say it looks very cute on her and I'm glad it is finally going to get some good use!
This Post Was Shared!