Friday, September 14, 2012

4 Month Bible Challenge | Psalms 17-36

Yesterday I had a bad day due to medicine problems. I ended up sleeping most of the day and then going to bed and sleeping on and off all last night. I did get a bit of reading in today so far. I plan to read some more after I finish most of this post. Fortunately I was able to get caught up, again, on my reading by completing 20 chapters today!

I wanted to write a few verses below which really stood out to me in the chapters I've read from Psalms today, all from the King James Version.

Psalms 17:8 "Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings."

Psalms 18:2-3 "The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. 3. I will call upon the Lord who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies."

Psalms 19:14 "Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer."

Psalms 20:7 "Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the Lord our God." (I want to cross stitch this one, frame it and display it in my future home.)

Psalms 24:8 "Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle.... 10. Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, he is the King of glory..."

Psalms 27:1 "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"

Psalms 27:4 "One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple."

Psalms 27:14 "Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord."

Psalms 28:7 "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

Psalms 31:5 "Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me O Lord God of Truth."

Psalms 31:24 "Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord."

Psalms 34:15 "The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.