Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sweet White Bread

The first run in creating this recipe went extremely well. I have never had that good of luck in the area of bread making, but I think my luck is changing! This recipe is created specifically for white flour. I am still working on a recipe which uses only wheat flour so be looking for that one soon! I made this recipe twice because after the first run I realized that the recipe really needed salt to make it complete. I usually avoid cooking with salt, but I really felt like this recipe needed it so therefore salt is in the list of ingredients.


This recipe makes 4 light, airy, and delicious loaves of bread.

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter
3/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon of sugar
1 Tablespoon salt
9 cups white flour
1 egg
2 cups of warm water
2 Tablespoons of yeast
Flour for surface

Directions
1. In a microwave safe bowl put water, butter, and 3/4 cup of sugar. Microwave for 2 minutes.
2. In a liquid measuring cup pour the water and yeast and 1 Tablespoon of sugar. Set aside.
3. Stir salt, two cups of flour, and the egg into the microwaved mixture.
4. Add yeast mixture to cooled butter mixture.
5. Mix in 2 cups of flour at a time. Remember you have already added two cups.
6. Divide the dough into two bowls. Set in a warm place (garage in summer works great! Outdoors in fall is good also.) to rise for about 2 hours.
7. Divide into four sections. Try and make them as even as possible.

Flour the surface.

Put the section of dough on the floured surface. Notice I already have the dough shaped
like I want the finished product to be (rectangle).

Roll the dough out.

8. On a floured surface roll out one section of dough at a time into a rectangle shape (don't worry about the shape being perfect).


9. Roll the dough up like you would if you were making cinnamon rolls.


10. Place in a greased bread pan.
11. Repeat steps 8-10 for the remaining three loaves.
12. Set the loaves in a warm dry place and cover them with a cloth or paper towel. Let them rise for 1 hour.


13. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees when the dough has filled the pan.
14. Bake the loaves for 20-25 minutes.
15. Let the loaves cool completely before putting them away. The loaves can be stored in a Ziploc and put in the freezer for future use.

Variations of this Recipe
Cinnamon Apple Swirl Bread
Double Cinnamon Rolls
Italian Buttered Croissant Rolls
Whole Wheat Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.