Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Best Basic Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

This recipe is not my own, but I have used it for several years and it really is the best recipe ever! I call it a basic recipe because you can add in little things to change it into a different flavor cookie. For example, use butterscotch chips instead of chocolate and you have butterscotch cookies! Or you can use Andes mint pieces and have a chocolaty mint cookie. There are so many possibilities with this recipe. It is truly delicious!


Makes 5 1/2-6 dozen cookies.

Ingredients
3 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed well
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 (12 oz.) package semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup of nuts, chopped

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. In a small bowl put the flour, and baking soda.
3. In a microwave safe bowl, put the butter and both sugars. Microwave for a minute or until the butter is really soft.
4. Mix the butter and sugars well. Add in eggs and vanilla.
5. Pour the flour mix into the butter mix. Stir really well.
6. Add in the chocolate chips and nuts (if you use them). Stir until well blended.
7. Using a small spoon, scoop out bits of the dough. You can roll it into balls to make pretty cookies, or you can just plop it on a greased cookie sheet right from the spoon. 15 per greased cookie sheet.
8. Bake in oven for 11-15 minutes.
9. Remove from the oven and let cool on the pan for 3 minutes.
10. Remove from the pan and place on a cooling rack or plate to finish cooling.
11. Store in an air tight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.