Friday, August 31, 2012

Homemade Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce

This is a 5 hour, crockpot recipe but it is worth the time it takes to cook! I love how delicious it is and I am so glad that everyone else who ate it liked it!


Ingredients
1/8 cup olive oil
1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
2 14.5 oz. cans diced tomatoes
5 15 oz. cans tomato sauce
1 Tablespoon garlic powder
2 Tablespoons onion powder
2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon parsley
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3 bay leaves
1 large carrot or 5 baby carrots

Directions
1. Throw all the above ingredients in the crockpot. Turn on high and cook for three hours. Stir occasionally.
2. After three hours turn the crockpot to low and cook for the remaining two hours.
3. Remove the carrots before serving.
4. Serve hot over cooked spaghetti noodles or store in a container for later use.

Add Ins
2-3 lbs. cooked ground beef
1 jar of mushrooms

Notes
~Why carrots? Well they soak up the acid from the tomatoes making better sauce since they take out the bitterness the tomatoes present. I learned this trick from working at an Italian Restaurant.

This Post Was Shared!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.